Q1. Is Kalinga University recognized by UGC?
Yes, Kalinga University, a premier institution of teaching and research in the country, established in March 2011 under Chhattisgarh Private Universities (Establishment and Operations) Act 2005 – vide Gazette Notification S. No. 74 dated 25 March 2011 and under section 2 (f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act 1956. Kalinga University is the 9th State Private University in the country to be granted with 12 (B) status for Research and Innovation by UGC.
Q2. Is Kalinga University recognised for offering Distance Education Programmes?
Yes, Kalinga University is recognized by the University Grants Commission- Distance Education Bureau (A regulatory body of the Government of India, established for Open and Distance Learning System) vide F.No. 25-1/2018 (DEB-II) dated 22 Oct 2019.
Q3. Is KU a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)?
Yes, Kalinga University is a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Q4. What are the various approvals Kalinga University has?
Kalinga University is a State Private University established by the Government of Chhattisgarh and approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) click here.
- • The B. Tech. & Diploma Engineering Programmes of Kalinga University are approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- • The Law Programmes of Kalinga University are approved by the Bar Council of India (BCI).
- • The Education Programme (B.Ed.) of Kalinga University is approved by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) and the State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Chhattisgarh.
- • The Physical Education Programme (B.P.Ed.) of Kalinga University is approved by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE).
- • The Bachelor of Pharmacy & Diploma Pharmacy Programmes are approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and Pharmacy Council of India (PCI).
- • The University is a member of:
- - Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- - Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
- - Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- - Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
- - All India Professional and Management Association (AIPMA)
- - National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)
- - Vocational Training Provider under Chhattisgarh State Skill Development Authority (CSSDA)
- - Uttarakhand Skill Development Mission (UKSDM)
- - Vocational Training Provider under Ministry of Labour and Employment
- - Indian Academy of Social Sciences.
- - "Vigyan Prasar Network of Science Club" – Department of Science & Technology - Government of India (VIPNET)
- - PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI).
- - Indian Importers Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IICCI).